OVW Beginner's Class Application
The OVW Beginner's Class is designed to determine if you have the intestinal fortitude and athletic aptitude to be a pro wrestler. It is open to anyone who wants to find out if they have what it takes, and to give the student a grasp of the basics of the sport. This 10 week pro wrestling "training camp" will challenge you and your body with 20 lessons. The OVW Beginner's Class meets every Saturday and Sunday from 8:30am to 10:30am.
At the end of the course, you will have four options:
- You will decide that pro wrestling is not for you.
- OVW will tell you that pro wrestling is not for you.
- You will be invited to continue on to the Advanced Program.
- Or if you have not met the requirements to advance but have the potential to do so, you will be given the option to re-enroll in the OVW Beginner's Class.
Tuition for the Ohio Valley Wrestling OVW Beginner's Class is $1000.00 to be paid in full on day one of class. In order to be considered for admission, please complete the OVW Beginner's Class Application along with $10.00 application fee.
Please Note: PayPal is the only accepted form of payment. You can use your bank account or credit card through PayPal. Cash will be accepted only in person.
Keep in mind that classes are limited to 30 students. If course is full those wishing to enroll will be waitlisted for the next available session. Attendance at OVW's Wednesday TV tapings is allowed.
Would you like a career in professional wrestling? Are you interested in how to get started? Well, let Ohio Valley Wrestling help provide you with the necessary fundamentals to succeed in the world of professional wrestling. Whether you are a savvy ring veteran looking to hone your craft or new talent looking to find their way, the OVW Beginner's Class has something for you. Listed below is some basic information on what you can expect from the class.
Please contact us by email or phone (585-802-3034) if you have any questions about the program not answered here.
- Trained by the experienced staff of Ohio Valley Wrestling.
- Class meets for 20 sessions over 10 weeks
- Each session meets every Saturday and Sunday from 8:30am to 10:30am
- Main purpose of class is to teach Ring Technique, Basic Ring Psychology, and most importantly SAFETY!!
- Class is Cardio Intensive. If you are not in "ring" shape it's OK! The purpose of this class is to help get you there! No prior conditioning is necessary but is recommended!
- Ohio Valley Wrestling trains its athletes the way WWE and TNA prefers their athletes to be trained.
Current Sessions Available
- $10.00 Application Fee
- Class costs $1,000.00
- Payable Online via Paypal. Cash is accepted in person.
- Payment Plans are not available. Full amount is due Day one of Class.
- Class requires you to have Kentucky State Wrestling License from the Kentucky Boxing and Wrestling Authority
- You MUST BE 18 Years of Age in order to attend class!
- High school Diploma or GED is required. OVW will consider special circumstances via petition process.
- You will have the opportunity to help out with our weekly TV show taped every Wednesday as well as our house shows every Saturday and Sunday.
- All members of the OVW Beginner's Class have the possibility of even appearing on OVW Television!!! This is at the discretion of the OVW Staff.
General Recommendations for Class
- Wrestling Gear is encouraged but not required.
- General understanding of wrestling
Contact OVW if you need any further information about the OVW Beginner's Class. When you are ready, apply for the class today.